The inaugural audition round of the “Lux-Channel-i Super Star-2009″ competition for Mymensingh region was held at a hotel in the town on October 1. The audition for the region was held in two sessions. Continue reading
“I wanted to be a model since my teenage days,” confesses Asif with a grin when asked. Yes I’m talking about Asif Azim, one of Bangladesh’s pioneering ramp models. And we tracked down this six-foot-one Piscean to tell us a little about how he got on to most of Dhaka’s billboards. Continue reading
Summer is one of those times when less is best. Trying to enhance your natural looks with minimal embellishment will work best under the unforgiving sun.
A matte powder over foundation with SPF is better than heavy foundation lotions and creams that will look patchy once you sweat a little.
Gloss is best for lips. Lips need protection as well and it would be best to apply a lip gloss or lip balm with an SPF of 15 or more to keep your lips looking fresh and pert.
Eye make-up is a zone of error in summer and you can avoid gaffes by sticking to near-neutral tones of eye shadow and waterproof mascara and liners. Make sure you carry eye-make-up remover with you so that you avoid dark circle which can be a natural consequence of waterproof eye make-up.
Pink is a shade that looks more natural in lipsticks in summer. A creamy lipstick will be friendlier on the lips than matte lipsticks and will also last longer.
Nails are best kept short and practical at this time of the year. A lighter shade will save you the time in redoing your nails every now and then as the chips will not be obvious.
Leave your foundation or tinted moisturizer in the refrigerator. When you smooth it on, the heat from your face will melt it into your skin making it look like you have naturally perfect skin.
Smudged eyeliner or kajal can look great on summer evenings and you can get this effect by heating the tip of your eye pencil with a lit match just before lining your eyes.
Bright and dark shades of nail polish look better on feet in summer, especially if you plan on walking around barefoot or in open sandals.
Summertime can be great for your skin if you follow a few basic rules to take care of those areas that are most prone to damage-skin, hair and eyes. Keeping yourself adequately hydrated, adding essential nutrients to diet to avoid the heavier fats and proteins, taking plenty of vitamin C in the form of citrus fruits and juices, and getting the minimum 8 h of sleep can help you going through summer with good looks and great relaxation.
Hot temperatures and on-the-go kids can make it tough to stay stylish in summer. That’s why you’ll love these ten fast, mom-focused beauty and hair tips, which make looking good a breeze! Go ahead, customize them to enhance your personal assets and natural beauty. Then sit back and enjoy a beautiful summer.
1. Try a slick ponytail to accentuate your facial features. A deep-side part looks fresh and modern (and is easy to do when the kids are tugging at your arm!). To prevent flyaways, spritz with hairspray. Don’t forget an easy-to-blend foundation with SPF to even out your skin tone and keep you looking polished.
2. Get a glow on by exfoliating. Keep a washcloth or buff pad at-the-ready for everyday use. If you don’t have an exfoliant, make your own by moistening Â½ cup of sugar with olive or sunflower oil. Use small circles to slough away dead cells and reveal new layers of skin. Or, try a mask of four to six aspirin crushed into a paste with water. Let dry, rinse and reveal the new you!
3. Beat the heat with a French braid that keeps your hair off your neck. Make the braid, leaving your bangs free. For a fun playground-to-party look, pull out small to medium chunky pieces from the braid and spray them with gel or hairspray and scrunch. Sweep bangs to the side and slip on a thin headband or tie on a piece of ribbon.
4. Protect your skin with a sunscreen with minimum 15 SPF. If you burn using SPF 15, go higher. Look for a UVA and UVB blocking ingredient such as Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Parsol 1789 or Helioplex. Apply a shot-glass worth of sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going out, being sure to cover your chest, hands and ears. Don’t forget a lip balm with SPF, too!
5. The messy bun that ruled the fashion runways this season is perfect for on-the-go moms! To get the look, apply a shine serum to towel-dried hair. Work it through to enhance natural texture. Next, use your fingers to rake hair back at mid-height or at the nape of the neck. Twist into a knot and secure with bobby pins. Don’t worry about making it too neat – random ends sticking out are what make this style look relaxed.
6. Stay on-trend with pink lipstick. Pick a shade that complements your skin tone. Lighter pinks work on women with pink or cool undertones, and warmer pinks look best on skin with yellow undertones. A creamy lipstick formula will last longer than gloss.
7. For a mom manicure on the fly, remove chipped polish and moisturize your hands, rubbing olive oil on your cuticles before pushing them back. File your nails short and practical. Then whip on a light polish that won’t show chips as much as a dark shade.
8. Try this trendy, mom-friendly twist on a basic bun: Make two side-by-side ponytails at the back of your head. Then wrap each tail around the other’s base (hiding the elastics) to create a figure-eight bun. Secure to your head with hairpins and a few spritzes of hairspray.
9. Before you polish your toenails, pamper yourself with an Epson-salt and scented oil foot soak for 10 minutes. (Read a magazine while you wait!) Then remove dry skin from legs and feet with a homemade mixture of olive oil and kosher salt or raw sugar. Rub in an upward motion for two to three minutes, then rinse, moisturize and polish!
10. For natural-looking waves, massage volumizing mousse through freshly washed hair. Weave locks into a thick braid and allow hair to dry. When dried, gently finger comb to loosen into waves. If you have to time to blow dry, apply gel and then slowly blow dry while scrunching hair.
Our small screen is a kaleidoscope that presents various colours of life. Today, the television has become a powerful and effective medium that consists of a galaxy of dazzling stars. Many celebrities over the years have contributed to their respective fields and gained popularity as an acknowledgement for their dedication. One of them is Banna Mirza, whose beauty, grace and reflective demeanour have won the hearts of many. Continue reading
Summer days are great for relaxation and recreation. The sun is literally brighter, the days are longer, and the warm weather is ideal for just spending time with family and friends or for taking off on sightseeing or shopping jaunts. But, you would want to remember that summer is also a time when different rules of beauty care apply. The hot, lazy days can take their toll if you are not too careful about your regimen. Here are a few tips for getting through summer while looking as good as you would want to feel. Continue reading
Lux-Channel-I Superstar 2007 created the regal gate for â€˜Bidya senha saha Mimâ€™ to enter the showbiz world. This was the greatest and splendid opportunity for her to fulfill her dreams. After achieving this grand award, she got so many scopes to work in the media with great success. Not only in the TV Commercials and soaps but she has also started working in the celluloid screen recently for different mainstream movies. Thus â€˜Stardamâ€™ has invited this Lux Channel-I princess â€˜Mimâ€™ in this issue for the cover story. Continue reading
“People relate to me largely as a newscaster on Channel i ” says a smiling Mishu Rahman who also holds posts in the sister concerns of Channel i — as head of operations in Impress Audio Vision Ltd and business development manager, Impress Telefilm Ltd.
The spunky young lady has done the spadework for the recent setting up of Impress Audio Vision Ltd. Continue reading
Amidst much enthusiasm, glitz and glamour the grand finale of beauty pageant â€œStyle Icon 2008â€, drew a large audience as the first open air beauty contest of the country kicked off at Fantasy Kingdom, Ashulia on March 13. Titled â€œSwapner Holo Shuruâ€ the contest began on January 5. Out of 25 thousand entries ten — Kumkum, Maliha, Tithi, Tanima Rouf, Tamanna, Sormin, Nayna, Pinki, Shifa and Jhinuk– made it to the gala round. Continue reading
Grand finale of the beauty pageant “Style Icon” will be aired live on ATN Bangla tonight at 7:45 pm. The event will be held at the theme park, Fantasy Kingdom, in Ashulia. Top 10 finalists competing for the crown Continue reading